Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Recap

I had the most exhausting day I've had in a long time. It started with a 17km run with C at 8:00am. She had invited either my wife and I to join her, as it was going to be a slow, long run. I told IH she should go because it would be a nice slow pace, and she didn't have to do the full 17km. I think that running with C intimidated her a bit, so I ended up taking her place. I picked up C in the morning and we did a new stretch of path for me. We talked the whole way, with her doing the majority of it. Topics included sex, childbirth, kids etc. She did say something which concerned me a bit. She said that if she had it all to do over, she would reconsider getting married and having kids. Her and K must be having a few issues.

At home, IH and the kids met me at the door with cards and gifts. The kids were quite excited to have me open everything. I received a one hour massage certificate, (I'm no metro-sexual, but I do like my massages) as well as a new BBQ. We got our current BBQ as a wedding present, so soon it'll be 13 years old.

After the gift opening, I had a long shower, came down to breakfast, and then set out with my task for the day of planting trees. On Saturday, I had purchased two Schubert Chokecherries and a Columnar Aspen. The Schuberts were quite large, and difficult to handle, not to mention the holes I had to dig and the clay soil I had to get rid of after they were in place. By five Sunday afternoon, I had it all complete, and I was exhausted. I was thinking afterwards that I probably could have done without the 17km run. IH was out there helping as usual, while the kids played in the sprinkler and hung out with Grandma and Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment