Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Contact

Well, it didn't take as long as I would have thought. G contacted Rebecca via text yesterday. I was at work when she called. She said he had texted her asking to go for coffee. I got the impression she called me not only to be transparent, but to ask if it would be okay if she went.

I asked her what she wanted to do, and she said she would like to go chat since it was a rather abrupt stop to their relationship.

I told her I was okay with her going, provided she remains honest with me. I'm embarrassed to admit, after we hung up, I had a wave of erotic angst come over me. It's hard to explain to those who haven't experienced it. They met at a Starbucks around 11:15, and she was back on her way to see me at 11:45.

Part of our deal on this meeting was that I didn't want to have to pull teeth to learn about what they talked about or did. When she arrived at our coffee shop, I was waiting for her. I sat back and listened.

She said he complimented her on how she looked and asked how she/we were doing. He said that he felt bad for causing her to go through this. She said something to the effect that she was just as much to blame. He went on to say that he was in a meeting across the country when he received my email with the "nuclear option".

She relayed my thoughts saying that I wouldn't do that, and that he could relax on that front. They made some more small talk about Christmas, etc, and then hugged their goodbye. As he hugged her he whispered to her saying that he guesses it would be inappropriate to squeeze her ass right now. She laughed and said "yes, it would be."

Her and I talked some more over my coffee and her lunch. She said how she felt like she was two people during the affair, and she wasn't sure she liked the second Rebecca. We agreed it's like having the angel and devil versions of Rebecca on her shoulder. I told her that everyone has them, just that she has just seen a little more of mine than I have of hers. I'm the one person she can and should be comfortable showing both to.

We got into more detail about how G was a friend, but how she enjoyed the added dimension as well. Near the end of our conversation, I asked her if she would ever want a "friend with benefits" situation. I recall her answer was more yes than no.

We talked a little more last night in bed, and I tried to clarify my question, (not her answer). I told her while I find the idea very exciting, I'm not ready yet for her to resume the friendship with G. It's just too soon, and while I'm strong, I'm not that strong. I said I that her and I need some "us" time for awhile at least. We'll see where things go from here. At least we're talking about it, and I'm happy she can now allow me to see her other side.

I doubt G will stay away, so we'll handle whatever happens next together.


No comments:

Post a Comment